Understanding Landscape Lighting
Orange County Night Lights will help determine how your outdoor living space will be viewed and utilized before beginning your design.
Before we create your landscape lighting design, we start with the outcome you are looking for when designing your space. Our goal is to illuminate pathways and patios to prevent any unfortunate slip or falls. We bring light to areas of the property to help both homeowners and guest feel a sense of safety as opposed to standing in the dark. We highlight architectural features of your home so they can be seen from the street. We Design your project to create a sense of depth and artistic appeal.
We will help make sure you have your basics covered
Upon determining your landscape lighting objectives, the following elements of your yard should be considered as “must-haves” to highlight in your lighting design.
- Pathway and Entryways
- Water Features or Unique Architectural Elements
What is Outdoor Light Pollution? Something we avoid.
Light pollution can ruin the effect of your landscape lighting project and typically happen in the following ways:
- Shining light directly into someone’s eyes
- Shining light directly on your neighbor’s home or windows
- Using too much lighting that creates glare or washes out the night sky
We Position Your Landscape Lighting at Night.
Once your installation is complete, we visit every project in the evening to focus your new lighting system to achieve the maximum potential of each light source. This also allows us to fine tune lights away from any windows creating glare or hot spots.
Set Your Landscape Lighting to Astronomic Digital or Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Timers
By setting your lighting to timers, your home looks beautiful 24 hours a day with minimal effort on your part. Astronomic Timers auto adjust based on your geographical location, saving you the hassle of adjusting your timers every 6 months. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Timers give you the ability to control your system from your tablet or any smart device.
LED Landscape Lighting for Longevity and Durability
The two most popular selections of lighting types for landscapes are halogen and LED. While halogen lights used to be the go-to source for landscape lighting, the versatility and durability of LEDs are quickly making them the number one choice.
- With LED landscape lighting, you get long life. Lasting for up to 50,000 hours, you won’t have to service your halogen lamps every 6 months anymore.
- Another advantage of LED lighting is its durability. Designed to withstand shock, vibrations, and all kinds of inclement weather, LEDs are great for landscapes. With the always growing technology of LED Lamps, Color and beam spread are now nearly identical to the older halogen lamps.
Below are a few lighting techniques which we utilize to help create a strategical lighting plan: